Calling all actors, directors, producers, ASL performers, and vagina lovers/appreciators!
It’s that time of year again: CWO’s 12th annual spring performance of the Vagina Monologues is now accepting applications!!! Don’t bother trying to contain your excitement. We feel ya.
For those of you who are unfamiliar, the Vagina Monologues is a series of…monologues originally written and performed by Eve Ensler, all of which pertain to women’s experiences with their vaginas. Ensler interviewed hundreds of women and produced monologues giving commentary on the female experience in humorous, poignant, and defiant tones. “Vagina” is not a bad word, and this series of performances moves to abolish the taboo.
Performances will be on February 11, 12, and 13.
To Download application: File > Download as > Microsoft word or PDF document (Pay attention, dear! Each link is specific to the position)
Applications Due by November 16th: Financial, Theatrical Producer, Director, ASL Director
Applications Due by November 26th: Actresses, ASL Performers, Board of Directors
Submission details: Drop it off in the CWO office during office hours or email it to us @ firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “VM application”
Here are the positions open to applicants:
[Disclaimer #1: Anyone can be involved in the show, however, those who identify as cisgender men cannot perform.]
[Disclaimer #2: It is possible to fill more than one role, however, the director should not be an actor. People can apply for both director and actor, but if someone is selected as director they cannot be considered for an acting part or ASL performance part. The director automatically sits on the board of directors]
- Actress: Be available for all rehearsals, memorize their parts, work closely with director, help with fundraising/advertising at some point before show
- ASL performer: Be available for all rehearsals, memorize their parts, work closely with ASL director, help with fundraising/advertising at some point before show, must have some experience with ASL (family member with hearing loss, completed ASL 1 at Pitt or are currently enrolled in an ASL course, the individual has hearing loss, etc)
- Board of Directors members: be available for all meetings (usually set between 5 and 6 on Fridays before rehearsal), work closely with theatrical producer and financial producer, help with fundraising and advertising
- ASL Director: Have completed or currently enrolled in ASL 3 at Pitt, work closely with director and theatrical producer, help with advertising specifically towards the deaf community, work closely with each ASL performer on their delivery
- Director: Have some experience with acting, be available for all rehearsals, work closely with each actress on their delivery, help with fundraising and advertising, sit on the board of directors
- Theatrical Producer: Have some experience with acting or event production (doesn’t have to be both), work closely with board of directors, be in charge of community outreach and advertising, work closely with director, ASL director, and financial producer
- Financial Producer: Have some experience with fundraising or event production (doesn’t have to be both), work closely with board of directors, be in charge of fundraising and finances, work closely with director, ASL director, and theatrical producer
It’s an honor to be able to put on this show, and we would love even more if you were apart of it.
Peace, Love, Vaginas,